[Wine] Confusion about Dll Overriding

nicholas.g.lawrence at mainroads.qld.gov.au nicholas.g.lawrence at mainroads.qld.gov.au
Thu Nov 16 22:00:37 CST 2006

wine-users-bounces at winehq.org wrote on 17/11/2006 12:47:58 PM:

> --- Alan <alan at cb.transcon.com.br> wrote:

> > Alan McKinnon escreveu:

> > the 'libraries'
> > 'Add', how does Wine
> > does it mean i also
> > "c:\windows\system[32]"
> > winecfg, why not
> > "c:\windows\system[32]' and hope it

> > "c:\windows\system[32]"
> > native files. what
> > >>

> > > From Wine's point of view, there are two kinds of
> > windows dll's:
> > >
> > > 1. One that is actually a Linux .so and implements
> > the stuff you expect
> SNIP
> > > gdi.<something_or_other> that will never in a
> > brazillion years work as
> > >
> > What you mean whyt
> >
> >  "never in a brazillion years"
> >
> > ??
> >
> >SNIP
> > > alan
> > >

> I think that was just a colloquialism:(slang)
> as usually used as "never in a million years" or
> something similiar.

> it wans't probably meant as a literal X to the X power
> number...just a vague number approaching infinity.

> The meaning being that it is never likely to happen

> Bryann

Actually, when you look at Alan McKinnon's email address
it ends in "br", which I assume means Alan's country
of origin is Brazil.

So you can see why the term "brazillion years" would
stand out.

My interpretation is that Steven Woody made a typo
and actually means "a bazillion years" which is,
as Bryann points out, a colloquialism.

nick

Opinions contained in this e-mail do not necessarily reflect
the opinions of the Queensland Department of Main Roads,
Queensland Transport or Maritime Safety Queensland, or
endorsed organisations utilising the same infrastructure.
If you have received this electronic mail message in error,
please immediately notify the sender and delete the message
from your computer.