[Wine] Warcraft 3-ROC and screen resolution

sebastien.fievet at free.fr sebastien.fievet at free.fr
Fri Nov 17 09:12:23 CST 2006

Hello there,

I have successfully run Warcraft3-ROC (patch level 1.2e) with wine-0.9.24.
Everything works fine (copy protection, sound, ...), but wine refuses to launch
the game in another resolution but 800x600x16bpp either in fullcreen or
windowed mode.

My config :
- 1680x1050 TFT display,
- geForce 6100 with 128M of videoRAM, and latest Nvidia drivers (1-9629)
- a sempron 2800+
I would expect the game to run at higher resolutions than 800x600.

Strangely no "VideoMemorySize" key was present in the registry, so i created one
with the value "128", but it didn't change a thing.

I also looked for the resolution dedicated keys in the Blizzard section, as
suggested by Jesse Allen on the Appdb, but they were missing.

am i doing something wrong?

Thanks in advance, Seb