[Wine] USB-joystick not detected

Christoph Frick frick at sc-networks.de
Mon Nov 20 02:01:05 CST 2006

On Sat, Nov 18, 2006 at 09:22:38AM +0000, Georg Vollnhals wrote:

Hi Georg,

> I am using a CH Flightstick gameport-stick converted by a gameport-usb
> converter (Rockfire). This works well under OpenSUSE Linux 10.1, ie.
> with FlightGear.  When I try to use this joystick with Wine
> wine-0.9.24 it is not detected with two running (with keyboard) sims:
> Fly!II and A320 Simulator.  I also set a link # ln -s /dev/input/js0
> /dev/js0 as suggested in other posts.

please first try to run the game/wine using a proper setup with the
input-devices. as the device is HID and your stick and sim are more the
"sim" kind of rig you will run in less problems using the input
interface (proper button/axis detection, no implied deadzones, ...). you
should see /dev/input/eventXXX devices. also a trace to see what the app
does and why it fails should trace ``dinput`` (WINEDEBUG=+dinput ...)

--
cu