[Wine] windows programms starting linux programms

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Tue Nov 21 13:20:51 CST 2006

On Tuesday November 21 2006 17:12, Alan McKinnon wrote:
> > I have got the following problem: I'd like to use the windows version
> > of firefox in linux.
>
> There's your problem. Why on earth would you ever want to do that? Some
> researhc project maybe? Or do you need some Flash/ActiveX thingy?

	If you have nothing useful to say then say nothing. Users write to wine-users
for help and not for obvious advice "use native alternative if you can". This
is only useful advice if Windows application doesn't work within Wine and you
offer better alternative instead. But Firefox does, and works almost
perfectly. So if there is need in Windows-specific options (Windows-only
plugins, etc.) why not to use Windows Firefox?
	Don't think that I very like using Windows apps. Personally I preffer
konqueror and use native alternatives where possible but I understand that
some users like Firefox with some Windows-only options which are all
available under Wine. This is Wine project for - to give the ability of using
Windows-only options and programs to users that don't use or havn't Windows
OS.