[Wine] windows programms starting linux programms

Hiji hijinio at yahoo.com
Tue Nov 21 13:36:28 CST 2006

----- Original Message ----
From: Alan McKinnon <alan at linuxholdings.co.za>
To: wine-users at winehq.org
Sent: Tuesday, November 21, 2006 9:12:18 AM
Subject: Re: [Wine] windows programms starting linux programms

On Tuesday 21 November 2006 13:41, Jan Murawski wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I have got the following problem: I'd like to use the windows version
> of firefox in linux.

There's your problem. Why on earth would you ever want to do that? Some
researhc project maybe? Or do you need some Flash/ActiveX thingy?

Just install and run the Linux version of firefox on Linux!

alan

Alan's comment aside, you can run it by typing: (no caret of course, and you may need to adjust the path for your specific version.)
> wine "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe"

People want to run Firefox (or other Linux equiv apps) for various reasons.  For awhile, the dev alias was doing this for exact type of testing to make sure that we "ate our own dogfood".  Before Flash 9 was available on Linux, people installed Windows Firefox to visit sites that required that version of Flash.

Hiji

Sponsored Link

Mortgage rates near 39yr lows. $420k for $1,399/mo.
Calculate new payment!
www.LowerMyBills.com/lre