[Wine] How to get it running...

mario ml at bortal.de
Mon Sep 4 05:42:58 CDT 2006

Hello Bojan,

On Sat, 2006-09-02 at 20:22 +0200, Bojan Antonovic wrote:
> Hi Mario
>
> The demo works also for me.
>
> Do this here:
>      1. open the file .bashrc
>      2. add the entry "export WINEDEBUG=+msi,+text" at the bottom
I just entered that in the bash if thats okay?!

>      1. save the file
>      2. log off (or reboot the machine if you want)
>      3. reinstall the applikation "GUT 1" again (Ctrl+C if it freezes
>         more than 2 minutes)
>      4. now you should see at least some installation steps more
> Better: In step 5 install with:
>      1. sudo wine SetupDexe > ~/install.txt 2>&1
>      2. bzip2 ~/install.txt
Attached are 3 text files. One with the requested output.
One with the top output (here you can see a ~000.exe idling around).
And one with the CD-ROM output. Here you can see a folder called
"LASERLOCK". Very instresting ;).

>      1. send the file ro this list, or open an bug entry in bugzilla,
>         or let us do it for you
> Bytheway: I had to set the sound to "emulation" in the demo to be able
> to hear it. To do it, start "winecfg", and then go to the "Audio" tab,
> press "Ok" and select the hardware acceleration to "Emulation".

Thanks a lot so far!
What shall i do now?

Cheers, Mario