[Wine] wine regedit - wine: could not load L"C:\\windows\\regedit.exe": Bad EXE format for

Nick Law nlaw at mic-nucmed.co.uk
Mon Sep 4 06:19:57 CDT 2006

Hi,

The following command typed in a terminal window "wine regedit" worked
ok in earlier versions.

I just tried typing it on two different systems running Wine V0.9.20 and
I get the following error.

"wine: could not load L"C:\\windows\\regedit.exe": Bad EXE format for"

If your running 0.9.20 can you try typing .....
wine regedit

and let me know whether it worked for you or you get the same error
message as above.
Apart from the fact the regedit program doesn't run, the error message
seems to be truncated and is not really explicit enough about what
exactly the problem is

Thanks
Nick