[Wine] Help with uninstall

Derek McGowan dmcgowan at deniment.on.ca
Wed Sep 13 07:28:16 CDT 2006

I'll try to make a long story short.

  Suse 10.0
  Wine 0.9.20 - from RPM

   Have in the past run Winetools - am no longer (I got smart)

I have some funny things happening with my wine installation, for instance, I
can no longer add Programs with winecfg, plus, only default settings lets me
select Virtual Desktop.

   I uninstalled Winetools and Wine using the appropriate rpm command (I found
it on winehq) and deleted the appropriate .wine directories, but feel that
something in still wrong, like some remnant of wine was left in a directory
somewhere.

   I'd like to use that RPM command to remove Wine again, but this time, I'd
like to check everywhere to make sure nothing is left before I re-install -
can someone tell me all the places that wine puts things?

  Also, obviously, I'm a bit new to linux and am not familiar with compiling
(I strictly use RPMs) - would compiling wine give me different performance
than installing RPMs?  I've tried to compile before, and I keep getting
dependencies errors - I've never actually been able to compile ANYTHING -
it's like I didn't install a whole section of software from my Suse CDs - any
advice (even a simple link to a website that can help me) would be much
appreciated - I hate not knowing things.

Thanks

Derek

"Never bet a Sicilian when death is on the line, Ha Ha Ha, Ha Ha Ha, Ha ..."