[Wine] Applying game patches.

Stuart Grimshaw stuart.grimshaw at gmail.com
Fri Sep 15 05:27:26 CDT 2006

Hi all,

I've downloaded and installed Wine specifically to play Warhammer 40k,
Dawn of War. I checked out the app database first and the signs were
good, my version of Linux (Debian Sarge) was reported as working
(although the installer had been tested)

I ran the installer, and it appeared to work fine (although it only
asked for the 1st disk) but when I try and run it, it asks for the
origional disk. I can see why the copy protection might not work under
Wine, so I go and grab the latest DoW patch (and the one it requires)
because they remove the requirement to have the CD in the drive, but
they also don't install, the pre-requisite patch says it is unable to
find and required files.

Now I have a windows laptop that I could install & patch DoW on, but
before I go through all the hassle, does anyone have any ideas on how
to get the patches to work?

--
-S

Sports Photography in South Yorkshire & Derbyshire
http://www.stuartgrimshaw.co.uk