[Wine] Schedule+ calendar success story

Paul van der Vlis paul at vandervlis.nl
Mon Sep 18 14:22:39 CDT 2006

Hello,

Maybe interesting for other people googling the web:

I have Schedule+ 7.0 working under Wine 20050310 (comes with Debian
Sarge). This program is bundeled with all versions of Microsoft Office,
(mine comes from Office95) but most of the time hidden on the CD. It can
be used as a shared calendar. I copied the directory "Schedule"
directly, no setup program.

Important is, that you have to start Schedule+ with something like:
wine /opt/schedule/SCHDPL32.EXE /U "paul"
Otherways it will ask for the username, but you cannot see that window
(it's behind the startscreen). If you want to see it, use "alt F7" and
move your mouse.

Then the application asks for a file. In my case my customer needed a
shared callendar. All users are using the same username and are pointing
to the same shared calendar. I made this for the first user, than I
moved it to a place where all users have write access.

The font of the month days at the right are not well scaled. Make the
font as big as possible by changing the hight, when your mouse has a
high resolution you can make it OK ;-)

Printing and help are not working here at the moment. Printing says
something like: "there are no FMT files".

With regards,
Paul van der Vlis.