[Wine] x crash when I am trying to play StarCraft

yuheng li yuheng108 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 01:08:32 CDT 2006

I am running Debian Etch with kernel 2.7.11, I install wine 0.9.21 through
the Ubuntu source with apt since there isn't one for Debian
all I did to get wine was  apt-get install wine
installation went well with no error, but when I do this as
$ wine /path/to/starcraft.exe &> /tmp/wine-starcraft.log

X crashes, and what is below is what's in wine-starcraft.log

fixme:d3d:IWineD3DDeviceImpl_GetAvailableTextureMem (0x1777d8) : stub,
simulating 64MB for now, returning 64MB left
fixme:ddraw:IDirectDrawImpl_SetCooperativeLevel
(0x177040)->(0x10024,00000013)
fixme:xrandr:X11DRV_XRandR_SetCurrentMode Cannot change screen BPP from 32
to 8
X connection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).^M
X connection to :0.0 broken (explicit kill or server shutdown).^M

please help me, thank you