[Wine] squares instead of font characters since wine-0.9.13

Jens Gulden mail at jensgulden.de
Wed Sep 27 04:59:43 CDT 2006

Hi Piotr,

I had font-problems since version 0.9.9 (the system-font showed up in ugly "Courier"-style only).
After months of googling and finding no help at all on the wine-lists, faqs, docs, etc., late last
night I finally solved it by copying all files from an original XP's

c:\Windows\Fonts

/usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts/TTF/

(TTF didn't previously exist).
(Finally found it here: http://mandrivausers.org/lofiversion/index.php/t30766.html)

I can't understand why the wine developers don't care at all about fonts. Wine looks so damn wracked
and broken without proper fonts that this would even be an argument for not recommending the use of
any commercial "Xover-office" solution... Aren't there people trying to fill their stomach with that
commercial branch of wine?

Jens