[Wine] Visual Themes

Gentle tier at p1atin.de
Thu Sep 28 07:18:32 CDT 2006

On Thursday 28 September 2006 02:11, Matthias Berndt wrote:
> Hi,
> as you probably know, WINE features a uxtheme.dll implementation to use
> visual styles from Windows XP. However, many apps (e. g. winecfg) don't use
> the themes as they're supposed to, so many buttons etc. still look like on
> older Windows versions. On Windows XP, you can use .manifest files to work
> around this, but it doesn't work with WINE. Is there a way to force WINE to
> always use the skinned versions of buttons etc.?
the simple answer is that the uxtheme engine is unfinished and unmaintained,
if you want to work on it or known someone who does, you can feel free to
send in patches regarding uxtheme, in the long run we need it anyway, because
someday we may want to integrate wine more into the linux desktop (talk about
grey), and then an already working uxtheme engine might really come in handy,
but those are really distant dreams

Regards
	Ramon Klass

--