[Wine] string comparison functions

Declan Moriarty junk_mail at iol.ie
Tue Apr 3 04:35:14 CDT 2007

On Tue, 2007-04-03 at 10:10 +0300, Tomas Kuliavas wrote:
> Hi,
>
> What rules are used when Wine libraries compare Unicode strings? I need to
> know when ascii characters can match their approximate Unicode
> equivalents.
>
> For example: 'U+1D49 MODIFIER LETTER SMALL E' matches 'U+0065 LATIN SMALL
> LETTER E'
>
> I am debugging IE javascript security issues. IE6 on Wine (Linux Debian)
> matches more equivalents than IE6 on Win98 and WinXP.

I wish you luck. A lot probably depends on your linux version.

Things were, that gnu packages in general were not unicode compatible,
although unicode patches were available for many of them. Maintainers
didn't include them for varioous reasons.  RHEL went ahead, and did it's
thing and was the first unicode distro IIRC. As the patches bacame more
generally applied, the unicode code required fixing itself, so some
things needed old, and some newer unicode code. Linuxfromscratch, which
patches the original gnu packages as required, is at least transparent
in that you can see what's going on: You download the packages, apply
the patches and the various tweaks, and compile it.

You sound like a guy who can hack some code. I'd take this to the
development list and bug those guys.
--
Declan Moriarty <junk_mail at iol.ie>