[Wine] pthreads with Darwine Xcode template? (or Wine Windows message pump + sockets + threads sample)

Dee Ayy dee.ayy at gmail.com
Sun Apr 15 17:21:19 CDT 2007

I am trying to run the following pthread example with the Darwine
Xcode template:
http://www.llnl.gov/computing/tutorials/pthreads/samples/hello.c
from http://www.llnl.gov/computing/tutorials/pthreads/ Example Code -
Pthread Creation and Termination

But the code inside PrintHello does not appear to execute.  Can you help me?

What I really need is a way to handle multiple client sockets from
code I'm writing using these two tutorials:
http://www.codeproject.com/internet/beginningtcp_cpp.asp
http://www.gamedev.net/reference/articles/article1059.asp
so I was trying to write my own startThread function since I don't see
the gamedev author's threading implementation.

(I'm trying to write a server to run on Mac OSX that uses MS Window
messages due to needing this library: MetaTrader 3 API from the
following link: http://www.metaquotes.net/files/mtapi.zip )

Using the Darwine Xcode template (which I was able to compile with my
modifications posted to the Darwine-devel list) and using winsock
sockets, I noticed my thread function did not appear to execute, so I
tried a test with the basic Xcode template.

The simple pthread example will work when compiled with gcc in a Mac
OSX X11 shell, but no joy with the Darwine Xcode template.  I have MS
Window messaging working with the Darwine template, but I need the
multi-client threading piece.

I suppose for pure Wine, I need a sample that has a Windows message
pump and can use threads and sockets.

Please advise.