[Wine] Program entries not working

Stephen Constantinou stephanos at writeme.com
Thu Apr 26 13:23:46 CDT 2007

Dear All

After various failed attempts at using Wine I have installed this from
the Mandriva 2006 DVD.  I have version “Wine 20050725”.

I have installed Paint Shop Pro as follows:
As a user I typed: “Winecfg” and when in the configuration programme I
went to the Application tab  > Add Application button > browse to the
installation executable: “/mnt/cdrom/autorun.exe” > Open button > Select
the Windows version of XP.  Press Close button

With the Configuration program closed and still as a user I typed:
      “wine /mnt/cdrom/autorun.exe”
and followed the installation instructions.

After installation I managed to run Paint Shop Pro by using File Manager
and navigating my way via the hidden directory:
“/.wine/drive_c/Program Files/Jasc Software Inc/Paint Shop Pro 7/PSP.exe”
which I double clicked.

I assume I should be able to install an icon somewhere in “Program”.
With “Program” running I press File >  New > then put a dot in Progam,
Press  OK.  Nothing happens.

I cannot find anything about this on the
http://www.winehq.com/site/docs/wineusr-guide/index tutorial website.

Any advice on how to make an entry for starting the application without
having to navigate my way through File Manager is welcome.

Thanks

Stephen