[Wine] problem with dpwsockx.dll and Baldurs Gate II

piotr maliński riklaunim at gmail.com
Mon Apr 30 18:55:01 CDT 2007

I'm trying to make Baldurs Gate II multiplayer working. I've used DLLs
from archive on http://wiki.winehq.org/DirectPlayGames (and from my
WinXP install). I've added DLL overrides (native,builtin) for: dplayx,
dpnet, dpnhpast  but the last: dpwsockx isn't on the list in winecfg.
When I try to start a multiplayer game wine has a memory leak or
something - goes to SWAP, everything is very slow. When I remove
dpwsockx.dll - no memory leak and I get:

err:dplay:DP_IF_InitializeConnection Unable to load service provider

when I use older dpwsockx.dll (77824 B) i get:

err:dplay:DP_InitializeDPSP DP SP Initialization failed: DPERR_OUTOFMEMORY

Anyone has a solution for this ? :)