[Wine] Macromedia Freehand 10 in Wine?

Marcus-Christopher Ludl mail at elven.at
Wed Aug 1 03:51:05 CDT 2007

Hi,

I very much hope that someone can help me with a problem installing
Macromedia Freehand 10 on Ubuntu Feisty:

According to a few other people, Freehand should actually run fine in
Wine:
http://appdb.winehq.org/appview.php?iVersionId=1649
got it to run "OK" in Wine 20021219 and
http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-users/2005-November/019597.html
even reports that Freehand MX runs "perfectly" in Wine 0.9.

That gave me hope...

Unfortunately, however, I have had no luck getting this program to run
in
Wine 0.9.41 on Ubuntu Feisty: It installs fine, but when I try to start
it, a small "empty" dialog box pops up that shows nothing but my
desktop
background and seems to eat up CPU-time. Neither can I click any button
at this point, nor does hitting "Enter" or "Escape" help. I then have
kill Wine.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,
Marcus