[Wine] Problem on installing MS VM on wine

Stephen Liu satimis at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 14 10:14:00 CDT 2007

--- "L. Rahyen" <research at science.su> wrote:

- snip -

> 	Now back to your problem. In instructions on the Internet I see that
> it is
> necessary to reboot Windows after msjave installation. In WINE you
> need to
> execute:
>
> WINEPREFIX=~/.ies4linux/ie6 wineboot
>
> 	This will ecmulate Windows reboot in WINEPREFIX with msjava. Then
> try to
> launch IE6 and see if msjava is detected.

$ WINEPREFIX=~/.ies4linux/ie6 wineboot
Registration of c:\windows\system32\StdOle2.Tlb successful.

Started IE6

Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced -> Settings;
MS VM still can't be found.  Only java (Sun) is there.

> 	If wineboot doesn't help then I will download msjava myself and will
> try to
> find out what's the problem with it; in this case you can save me
> some time
> if you give me the links to both files you are trying to install so I
> can
> test them too and (hopefully) find the solution or at least the cause
> of
> problems.

Here:-

msjavx86b3805.exe
http://www.lili.cc/welcome/java/msjavx86b3805.exe

MSJavWU_8073687b82d41db93f4c2a04af2b34d.exe
http://download.windowsupdate.com/msdownload/update/v3-19990518/cabpool/MSJavWU_8073687b82d41db93f4c2a04af2b34d.exe

Stephen Liu