[Wine] fake security descriptor (PC Verifier install)

tomf at wigsplendor.com tomf at wigsplendor.com
Fri Aug 17 15:29:25 CDT 2007

Hello,

I am attempting to install 'PC Verifier' for credit card processing.
(I'm tired of having to boot into windows.)
I've searched the archives and found mention of this error,
but wasn't able to find a fix or solution.
What is a 'fake SECURITY_DESCRIPTOR'?
Is there a way to correct it?

Here is the output from an installation attempt:
wine /media/PCv1.75/setup.exe
fixme:process:SetProcessWorkingSetSize (0xffffffff,-1,-1): stub - harmless
fixme:advapi:GetFileSecurityW (L"C:\\windows\\temp\\GLF64af.tmp") :
returns fake SECURITY_DESCRIPTOR
fixme:advapi:GetFileSecurityW (L"C:\\windows\\temp\\GLF64b4.tmp") :
returns fake SECURITY_DESCRIPTOR
fixme:advapi:GetFileSecurityW (L"C:\\windows\\temp\\GLF64ba.tmp") :
returns fake SECURITY_DESCRIPTOR
fixme:font:WineEngRemoveFontResourceEx :stub
fixme:font:WineEngRemoveFontResourceEx :stub

Thank you,
Tom