[Wine] Problem on installing MS VM on wine

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Mon Aug 20 22:53:45 CDT 2007

On Wednesday August 15 2007 15:51, L. Rahyen wrote:
> 	OK, tomorow I will try clean ies4linux install with msjava and will (try
> to) write step-by-step and easy-to-follow howto.

	This wasn't simple... I have working msjava installation in my ies4linux
folder but I cannot reproduce this with clean ies4linux installation even if
I use same native overrides. Currently I suppose the difference is in the
registry and some related files but this is too much for "step-by-step and
easy-to-follow howto" so I will write a script specifically for doing msjava
installation with WINE as an "replacement" for native msjava installer. Yeah,
this is somewhat similar to winetricks script (however with different
approach and therefore different internal design) but for msjava only.
	I need a little more time. I think on this weekend I will find enough free
time to write such script so (hopefully) everyone will be able to install
msjava with WINE. I will try to write the script with possibility to use
either clean WINE or WINE with ies4linux (or any other WINEPREFIX you want).

	Hopefully during this process I will able to make useful bugreport so at some
day WINE will be able to install msjava without any helper script. But for
now, workaround is better than nothing...