[Wine] Still need "Gecko" Mozilla HTML engine

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Sat Aug 25 12:01:51 CDT 2007

On Saturday August 25 2007 16:24, Dennis G. Wicks wrote:
> Greetings;
>
> I have removed and reinstalled/upgraded  Wine from both the Debian site
> and the Wine
> site and I still get this message when I try to run some programs.
>
> It offers to download and install Gecko, but that process never succeeds.
>
> Any help for this?
>
> Where do I go next?
>
> Many thanks!
> Dennis

	You can use winetricks:

http://kegel.com/wine/winetricks

	Download it and install it like this:

sudo ln ./winetricks /usr/local/bin/
sudo chmod +x /usr/local/bin/winetricks

	Now download and install gecko:

winetricks gecko

	Please note that using winetricks you can install gecko engine to all your
WINEPREFIXes without downloading it again (you need download it once) - this
is very useful if you have a lot of WINEPREFIXes.