[Wine] powerpoint with embedded sound

Jerry Geis geisj at pagestation.com
Tue Dec 4 15:38:44 CST 2007

Dan Sawyer wrote:
> Jerry,
>
> What level of wine and powerpoint are you running? Do word and excel
> also work?
>
> Thanks - Dan
>
> Jerry Geis wrote:
>>> I am trying to play a powerpoint with embedded sound.
>>>
>>> The powerpoint plays fine - just that I dont hear any audio.
>>>
>>> Does this work? Should it work? I do most things withe ALSA.
>>> Where do I start looking.
>>>
>>> I have mplayer working with alsa. how do I get wine to use alsa
>>> for the powerpoint.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>>
>>> Jerry
>>>

>> running winecfg and selecting audio, shows ALSA was checked.
>> I then did test sound and it says, "Audio test failed".
>>
>> What now?
>>
>> Jerry

Dan,

I am running wine 0.9.50. Powerpoint works fine, Visual C++ 6.0 works fine.
I am just trying to get sound from powerpoint to work.

I tried the winecfg and ALSA is checked and "Audio test failed" is what
shows when
click audio test.

Any ideas?

ALSA works fine with mplayer, sound is not muted and is volume up.

Jerry