[Wine] .NET programs

Bryan DeGrendel sirnuke at gmail.com
Mon Dec 10 22:33:14 CST 2007

On Dec 10, 2007 10:14 PM, David Mohr <damailings at mcbf.net> wrote:
> On Dec 10, 2007 8:07 PM, Travis Forghani <travis at bowmanent.com> wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > How can I get programs written using .NET 2.0 to work in WINE?  I've
> > read online about some sort of (seems unstable) bridging btwn WINE and
> > MONO.  I installed MONO, but couldn't figure out how to tell WINE to use
> > it.  I looked for tutorials, but couldn't find any.  Is there any other
> > solutions (I prefer not to have to install the official .NET 2.0)?
>
> You can use mono to run .net programs, this has nothing to do with
> wine. You'd need wine if you wanted to use the official .net version,
> would be my guess.
>
> ~David
>
> > --
>
> > sincerely,
> >
> > Travis Forghani

All you need to do is install mono under WINE [ wine
mono-1.2.5.2-gtksharp-2.10.2-win32-0.exe ], and then use wine to run
the program.  Alternatively, you can use Dan Kegel's winetricks script
[ http://www.kegel.com/wine/winetricks ] to install mono12.  You might
also need Microsoft's core fonts and tahoma.

Bryan DeGrendel