[Wine] crash running Myst

David Griffith dgriffi at cs.csubak.edu
Sun Dec 16 01:53:27 CST 2007

I'm trying to run Myst (masterpiece edition).  By upgrading Wine to .51,
I've gotten the install to finish without complaint.  When I attempt to
run Myst, the following is written to the terminal:

$ wine Myst.exe
fixme:mixer:ALSA_MixerInit No master control found on MPU-401 UART,
disabling mixer
wine: Unhandled page fault on write access to 0x00150000 at address
0xb7d75cbc (thread 0009), starting debugger...
First chance exception: page fault on write access to 0x00150000 in 32-bit
code (0xb7d75cbc).

After that comes a register dump, stack dump, and 28 lines of backtrace.
Where do I go from here?

--
David Griffith
dgriffi at cs.csubak.edu