[Wine] Adobe PageMaker 6.5

NoOp glgxg at sbcglobal.net
Mon Dec 17 16:42:40 CST 2007

I installed PM65 today and the install went well. However when I attempt
to run PM65 from the Wine menu I receive the following error message:

Cannot start PageMaker.
Unable to load icon DLL for this screen.
Continue	8027:6623

However, if from a terminal I cd to the PM65 directory in .wine and
issue: wine pm65.exe the program opens and runs - I have even edited,
modified & saved several test PM65 files.

Any idea what may be causing this? I have tried modifying the Gnome
launcher command to:
wine /home/myhomedirectory/.wine/drive_c/"Program
Files"/Adobe/PM65/PM65.EXE from env WINEPREFIX="/home/etc., etc.,
and get the same error msg.
  Not sure it this is of any importance, but I also notice that after
installing PM65 that there was no desktop icon installed similar to when
I installed Acrobat4.05a & PhotoShop5.0LE - both of which run just fine
from the menu & desktop icons.

System info:

Ubuntu 7.10, kernel 2.6.22-14-386 - Gnome/Ubuntu Desktop (no KDE)
Wine: 0.9.51~winehq0~ubuntu~7.10-1

Interesting part (to me anyway) is that I was able to install and run
PM65 last Sept (2006) using wine 9.9.