[Wine] using audio CDROM with EAC & Suse 10.2 (wine)

Joe flhtcu at gmail.com
Fri Feb 2 05:23:16 CST 2007

I have EAC running, at least I can rip cds with it, I didn't learn enough
about using EAC to really do much worthwhile with it, but did notice it found
scratch errors with my audio cd I didn't realize I had - the flac file was OK
but the crc did not match the test run. After close inspection I did see what
may have been the problem and now trying it again after cleaning the cd.

 I found someone with a similar problem at:
http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/wine/61940-wine.html

I am not sure exactly what is needed as I tried so many different things, but
I definitely had a permissons problem that was solved by using
(su) chown joe:users /media/cdrom, which would then allow winecfg to work with
the cdrom.  I ended up using the apply button and just leaving winecfg open.
Prior to that I  tried using "ln -s /media/cdrom d:"  but that created
problems with winecfg, it would throw everything off and I would lose my
windows system drive and nothing in wine would work.

I wlll experiment and find out what is going on as time goes on.

joe