[Wine] OpenGL crash with SolidWorks

denis bonnenfant denis.bonnenfant at diderot.org
Sat Feb 3 08:20:01 CST 2007

Hi,

I tested SolidWorks 2005 and 2006 with wine 0.9.30 on ubuntu 6.10 with various
graphics cards ( intel notebook, Nvidia 6800GT ), and in every case, I got a
crash displaying graphics windows ( bug 7311 ) :

X Error of failed request:  GLXBadDrawable
   Major opcode of failed request:  143 (GLX)
   Minor opcode of failed request:  5 (X_GLXMakeCurrent)
   Serial number of failed request:  183448

Hardware acceleration is enabled, as Beryl works perfectly in all cases.

Bug 7311 has been closed, as duplicate of 5746, but it's really strange, as 5746
  is about a software rendering bug in Mesa.
I hope that Solidworks uses hardware openGL, but is there any way to verify it ?
( I tried winedebug=+wgl, it gives me

trace:wgl:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo GL version             : 1.3 Mesa 6.5.1.
trace:wgl:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo GLX version            : 1.2.
trace:wgl:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo Server GLX version     : 1.2.
trace:wgl:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo Client GLX version     : 1.4.
trace:wgl:X11DRV_WineGL_InitOpenglInfo Direct rendering enabled: True
trace:wgl:has_opengl GLX is up and running error_base = 155

So as far that i understand hardware opengl is enabled ? )

denis