[Wine] re: ComGenius application holding us from migrating 100% to linux

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Thu Feb 8 13:23:04 CST 2007

Daniel wrote:
>The application is called "COM genius" and is used to upload codes to
>universal remote controls! - I've failed in getting it to run in Wine,
>and haven't found a linux alternative...
>
>The application itself can't be that special! - It downloads upgrades
>from the internet, and communicates with the remote controls through a
>serial port!
>
>In order to get this fixed, I may have to upload the application to
>the internet - To have people looking at it! - I have made a deal with
>the supplier of this product about this, and it seems O.K. to them!

Tell us more about the application.  According to
http://www.ubuntuforums.org/archive/index.php/t-298164.html
it requires IE and .NET.  Is that the case?  If so, supporting
it might be a challenge.

Also, what are the symptoms you see when you try to install it?

I would be happy to take a look, email me with how I can get a copy.
- Dan