[Wine] Wine does nothing Help !!!!!

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Sat Feb 10 10:06:18 CST 2007

On Friday February 9 2007 11:46, Swati Longia wrote:
> Hello everyone..
>
> 	I have installed wine-0.9.30 from source ( just ran tools/wineinstall from
> the source directory ). It installed without any problems. But when I try
> to run any program using wine it does nothing, just hangs there. It does
> not give any error also.

	Uninstall your current package with Wine and try to compile from source.
Don't afraid, that's very simple! Download
http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/wine/wine-0.9.30.tar.bz2 , unpack it, cd
to just created directory and execute:

	./configure --verbose && make all && sudo make install

	And that's it, you have Wine compiled from source. It is likely that this
will work for you and if so then package with Wine in your distribution is
broken. I assume that you have used precompiled package because it is typical
(oh, maybe not actually typical but it happens) for precompiled Wine packages
to not work correctly.