[Wine] Using OLE DB Connections from Wine

Edward Costello Edward.Costello at orionhealth.com
Tue Feb 20 13:41:08 CST 2007

Thanks for the replies.

I was pointed to http://wiki.jswindle.com/index.php/Dcom98 which describes manually unpacking the DLLs into C:\windows\system and using the WINEDLLOVERRIDES variable. However I found that it only actually worked when I unpacked them to C:\windows\system32 which solves my immediate problem anyway. I suspect this works because it overwrites the wine DLLs in system32.

I'm planning to update the wiki but I don't know enough about windows to know which is more "correct":
Unpacking to C:\windows\system and removing the ole* dlls from system32
or Unpacking to C:\windows\system32 and overwriting the dlls.

or are the two equivalent.

Thanks again

"James Hawkins" <truiken at gmail.com>

<stefan.munz at itomig.de>

02/21/07 5:06 AM

Re: [Wine] Using OLE DB Connections from Wine

Edward Costello <Edward.Costello at orionhealth.com>, <wine-users at winehq.org>

On 2/20/07, Stefan Munz <stefan.munz at itomig.de> wrote:
> Hi Edward,
> to install native DCOM98 you should first verify with winecfg that your win
> version is set to Win98.
> Second use ole32 native:
> WINEDLLOVERRIDES=ole32=n wine DCOM98.exe
> should do the it.

No it won't.  You have to rm .wine/drive_c/windows/system32/ole* first.

James Hawkins

wine-users mailing list
wine-users at winehq.org