[Wine] TurboTax Home & Business 2006

Declan Moriarty junk_mail at iol.ie
Thu Feb 22 06:54:50 CST 2007

> ===========
>
> I expect there a re simple answers to
> How can I overcome the 30 character name limit on CD (iso9660) ?
> How can I overcome the upper/lower case problems w/ the app looking for
> FOO.exe rather than foo.exe ?
>
> Any guidance on outstanding problem ?

That looks like a really determined effort at getting this package
running.
In answer to your questions, you need to record a cd with the Rock Ridge
extensions, or possibly Joilet, seeing at it is m$. That also, afaik, is
an iso9660 extension.
man cdrecord is your friend, although the software author isn't. He
_hates_ the linux glibc and bitches constantly about it. to use it
manually, you may have to add symlinks /dev/sg0, or /dev/pg1(? Correct
me somebody) to get it to see the bus.

I would approach the other problem with symlinks in the same directory,
e.g.
cd somedir
ln -s foo.exe Foo.exe
ln -s foo.exe FOO.exe