[Wine] HoMM 3 - SoD not working under FC6, but does in FC5

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Mon Jan 1 03:20:43 CST 2007

On Monday January 1 2007 08:21, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Sun, Dec 31, 2006 at 17:49:10 +0000,
>
>   "L. Rahyen" <research at science.su> wrote:
> > 	You can try the following. First compile Wine yourself. This is very
> > simple.
>
> I still get the divide by zero exception after running under 0.9.28
> built from source. I didn't reinstall Heroes though, I just ran the
> copy I had installed previously.

	Then try the following. Remove or rename your current .wine directory and
install game from scratch to make sure that everything is clean. First try to
run it without NoCD hack (even without disk game starts but you cannot start
single player). If it works apply NoCD hack and again try again. If it fails
then simply find different NoCD hack.
	If it fails to run even without NoCD hack with fresh .wine directory then I
will give you farther instruction about how you can find out why this
happens. Of course first step would be then opening of new bug in bugzilla.
Fixing this shouldn't be very hard because game theoretically works very
well - if it doesn't then this is probably because of minor difference in
game versions and this "minor difference" in your version cause problems.