[Wine] HoMM 3 - SoD not working under FC6, but does in FC5

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Mon Jan 1 06:03:52 CST 2007

On Monday January 1 2007 10:47, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> I am going to bed now, but I can probably try this tomorrow. I did try some
> of this previously (but not the install with 0.9.28) and I don't think it
> works very well without the No CD hack with either expansion installed.
> There is a missing dll, that based on the name, is supposed to make sure
> the CD is a CD and not a disk copy of it.

	I don't know would Heroes 3 copy protection work or not with Wine because I
never tested it but I know behavior of the game without CD. Without NoCD hack
and without CD itself game should start and work fine - only thing that
doesn't work is single player (it will ask you for CD).

	Of course Wine's (you can find it here: http://bugs.winehq.org/  ).