[Wine] Running Creatoon [was: Increasing swap space]

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sat Jan 6 10:43:08 CST 2007

Matt Jordan wrote:
> I think I'm tantalizingly close to being able to use a program called
> Creatoon (http://www.creatoon.com) via Wine on my Ubuntu Edgy set-up.
> The Creatoon interface loads but doesn't seem to do anything.  During
> Creatoon's start-up, I get two identical messages telling me that some
> unspecified module could not be loaded.

Nah, it's not swap space.  Look at the log right before
the first error; you'll see the line
err:module:import_dll Library MSVCIRT.dll (which is needed by
L"C:\\Program Files\\ANDROME NV\\CreaToon
3.0\\Plugins\\CtKernel_Basics.ctx") not found
And right before the second error, you'll see the line
err:module:import_dll Library MSVCP60.dll (which is needed by
L"C:\\Program Files\\ANDROME NV\\CreaToon
3.0\\Plugins\\CreaToon3_Basics.ctx") not found

You need to copy msvcirt.dll and msvcp60.dll into windows/system32, I think.
(They seem to be part of MS Visual C++, and the
developers of creatoon just forgot to include it, since
recent versions of Windows happen to bundle it.  See
http://kegel.com/wine/isv/visual-studio-6-REDIST.TXT)

No idea if the app will then run properly, but at least you'll
get past your plugin problem.
- Dan