[Wine] ancient directx version support

Dean Hamstead dean at bong.com.au
Sun Jan 7 06:35:27 CST 2007

> Hmm... i seem to remember that when you install cyberstorm
> on windows, it says it wants a 8bpp screen depth,
> because "otherwise some visual effects will not be available"
> or something along these lines.
>
> This seems to suggest that alternate screen depth is possible...

I googled a little bit and everything i read said 256 color

around that era there were a lot of games that required you
the user to actually change to 256 colors for it.

Usually happy microsoft magic school bus educational things.
Which were pretty cool for the kids.

Try X in 8bit and see how it goes.

Dean
--