[Wine] application screen cut off

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Sun Jan 7 21:50:04 CST 2007

On Sunday January 7 2007 09:15, yuheng li wrote:
> hey, I reinstall debian today, and those problems seems to disappeared

	Very strange. That actually means that you broke you installation. Actually
if you know what to do you always can easy repeir it even if it completely
broken without reinstallation. In fact I never did reinstallation of my
system for years and never will - just because I know how to repeir something
if I broke it (if you want to know more about this then you must read
documentation or simply don't break your installation by obeying simple rules
like "do not install something by hand if you don't know what you doing",
etc.).

> I have a new problem now, I can't do a hard link to different drivers

	If you mean "do a hard link to different drives (no mean logical or physical"
then this is impossible (read ext2/3 documentation if you want to know why).
Please create symbolic links instead by executing "ln -s" instead of
just "ln".

> have my home directory in a different driver other than the root system, I
> try to copy the msttcorefont directory and stuff, and it just won't work, I
> also try to copy the windows/font directory, but it seem it wouldn't
> triggle it

	I actually don't understand what problem is. But maybe you try to copy it
with "cp" withour paramets? If so please use "cp -a" or "cp -r" instead and
everything should work (you can use wildcards alternatively if you don't need
to copy recursively).