[Wine] "Module not found", using wine-0.9.28

Declan Moriarty junk_mail at iol.ie
Wed Jan 10 11:11:36 CST 2007

On Tue, 2007-01-09 at 12:18 -0500, Paul Fox wrote:

> thanks, yes, i've already done all the usual searches, etc.  i
> was specifically hoping for a pointer to a page of text
> describing the installation of windows libs into the .wine tree.  i
> find nothing like that under "Running Wine", or other similar sections.

Yes, that is a well kept secret. I gather the trick is this:

1. Copy the lib to ~/.wine/drive_c/windows/system32, renaming as
necessary original libs.
2. Open winecfg and under libraries, select or type the lib (without
the .dll) in the 'add' box
3. Click Add, and optionally Edit to set the order

That adds globally. There are ways of doing it per program also.
--
        With Best Regards,

        Declan Moriarty.