[Wine] Accessing COM ports

Declan Moriarty junk_mail at iol.ie
Mon Jan 15 05:16:16 CST 2007

On Sun, 2007-01-14 at 17:35 -0800, Rayne Olivetti wrote:
> I have a windows program that is trying to a access COM port. I
> actually want to forward what is written to that COM port to a file
> under /dev. How can I do that using wine? (or can I do it??)

I suspect the easiest answer is in linux, not under wine.

Let's have more detail: Is it actually succeeding in talking to the com
port? Is it just outputting, just inputting, or holding a conversation?
Why in heaven's name do you want to start writing files in /dev? Are you
piping to another device? What's your program anyhow?

Compulsory homework might be the tee man/info page and a refresher on
symlinks and redirectors :-).
--
        With Best Regards,

        Declan Moriarty.