[Wine] Registry entries

Declan Moriarty junk_mail at iol.ie
Tue Jan 16 04:20:14 CST 2007

>         You can add them by executing: "wine regedit" and then just
> import them (at
> least theoretically; I never tried it - if this doesn't work then you
> should
> write a bug report to http://bugs.winehq.org and try native regedit
> instead).
> You also can directly edit Wine's registry by any text editor (you can
> find
> your registry in ~/.wine/*reg files).

I tried that and it didn't work via Regedit / Registry / Import
I'll try again with a clean registry and file a bug if it doesn't work.
There is not a command line switch listed for importing in regedit /?

> you can also just edit the actual wine registry files in your .wine
> directory.

I tried that, and evidently made some error, so the registry
complains :-(.
Lucky I have it backed up.

I am not sure native regedit is the best idea, as the windows registry
has text buried in hex gobbledygook, whereas the wine registry uses
whitespace. Also, the wine system.reg is relative to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE,
I gather. I will try it, nevertheless, with another backup.

Thanks for suggestions

--
        With Best Regards,

        Declan Moriarty.