[Wine] re: ViaVoice 10 USB PRO

Dan Kegel dank at kegel.com
Sat Jan 20 09:49:45 CST 2007

Susan wrote:
>I have been trying to get the above software to install.
>(DNS9 is way too far away from being installable.)
>In the latest WINE, it seems to install pretty well until
>right at the end.
>wine: Unimplemented function msvcrt.dll._mbbtype called at address
0x7b8407b0 (thread 003a), starting debugger...

Looks like somebody needs to implement that function.
Could you file a bug report at http://bugs.winehq.org
saying what you said above?

BTW, it looks like you've been down this road before:
http://www.winehq.com/pipermail/wine-users/2006-August/023249.html
Did installing this software work for you before?
If so, which version of Wine did it work with, and what was
the first version that broke the install?

Thanks,
Dan