[Wine] Install Wine's fake-windows directory in different place
hillerd at tiscali.de
Thu Jan 25 13:45:04 CST 2007
By default Wine installs its fake-windows part into $HOME.
I want rather have it on a separate partition, that I mount as /wine.
How can I do this?
What I have found was:
My steps so far:
- Installed Wine with Synaptic
- # wineprefixcreate --prefix /wine
- I find the fake directory where I want it!
- WINEPREFIX=/wine export WINEPREFIX
- still all fine up to here
- double-click (in Nautilus) on the setup.exe of the windows program for
- installer runs
- I find the .wine in $HOME has been created.
Maybe I am trying something impossible since I was not able to find any
hint on this?
PS: running on Ubuntu 6.10
More information about the wine-users