[Wine] Install Wine's fake-windows directory in different place

Tomas Carnecky tom at dbservice.com
Thu Jan 25 14:54:24 CST 2007

Robert Lövlie wrote:
> Tomas Carnecky wrote:
>> Add 'export WINEPREFIX=/wine' to $HOME/.bashrc (if you use bash). Maybe
>> you'll have to restart nautilus (or logout and login again).
>>
>> tom
>>
> Does nautilus really care about what's in ~/.bashrc? That's just a
> startup file for bash, isn't it?
> I'm afraid the real solution could be distro specific.

edit /usr/share/applications/wine.desktop and change the 'Exec' line:
Exec=bash -i -c "wine %f"

I need the '-i' (interactive mode) to get bash load $HOME/.bashrc, you
can omit it if you know which script bash sources if it is in
non-interactive mode (maybe it's $HOME/.bash_profile but I'm not sure).

tom