[Wine] Running Windows Database Applications

Matthew Reed matty at zootal.com
Thu Jan 25 20:05:58 CST 2007

Microsoft has made it quite clear that you can't run VFP applications on
non-Windows operating systems. They have in the past, and probably would not
hesitate in the future, to sue people that do so. Also, Visual FoxPro is
dead and is at the end of it's life cycle. Don't waste your time learning
it.

The same most likely applies to Access and VB as far as running it on
non-Windows OS. dBase is antiquated, and isn't Paradox many years out of
production also? There do not seem to be any good database app development
tools that you can (legally) run on Wine.