[Wine] Error running Guild Wars with .9.3

L. Rahyen research at science.su
Tue Jan 30 20:22:40 CST 2007

Tuesday January 30 2007 20:28、Eatherington Philip さんは書きました:
> Ok, I'm willing to give that a try, but the only way I
> know to switch GW to a windowed mode is from the
> ingame settings, which I can't get to.  Or are you
> reffering to running Wine in a windowed mode, which I
> also would not know how to do? Thanks for the
> suggestion!

	Go to game's directory and then use this command to run game in a windowed
mode:

	wine explorer /desktop=1280x1024 game.exe

	You probably want to hide kicker (in KDE) and force no border for Wine'
desktop window (in KDE this is standard option for every window in window
menu, don't know about GNOME). Also if you want to create shell alias (this
necessary if you want to start a game with just one short command from the
shell; for example, for zsh you can add your aliases to the /etc/zsh/zshenv
file) for this command you probably want to use xrandr command (see man
xrandr) to change resolution before starting the Wine' desktop in case if
resolution in game is different or if you want to switch to your normal
resolution if your current resolution often change (for example I launched
some game in 800x600, it crashed and resolution has leaved at 800x600; then I
starting game that should work in my typical resolution and I want to switch
resolutions automatically even if it is running in desktop mode and Wine
cannot switch for itself).