[Wine] VIRTUA TENNIS screen cutoff

Sébastien LOSS sloss at free.fr
Wed Jan 31 03:21:22 CST 2007

Hi !

VIRTUA TENNIS works fine (very fine and better than Cedega) , except
sound (problem with initialising DirectXAudio. Error code : 0x88780078)
and the game screen don't fit the desktop or fullscreen resolution: his
parent window seems not be able to re-size itself.

A screenshot here : www.ayuka.fr/tmp/CaptureVirtuaTennis.png
and here (Desktop mode) : www.ayuka-fr/tmp/CaptureWineDesktop.png

After the launch command :
fixme:d3d:IWineD3DDeviceImpl_GetAvailableTextureMem (0x177db8) : stub,
simulating 64MB for now, returning 64MB left
err:ole:CoInitializeEx Attempt to change threading model of this
apartment from multi-threaded to apartment threaded
fixme:win:WIN_CreateWindowEx Parent is HWND_MESSAGE

My system :

Ubuntu EdgyEft
NVIDIA 5200 FX / 512MB RAM / AMD Athlon 2800
Wine 0.9.30 with fresh configuration directory

Demo and original CD of VIRTUA TENNIS (version 1.0 and 1.1) tested.

Note :  * CD protection works fine, so you don't need a no-cd patch.
        * Demo installation works
        * Installation from CD don't works, I used cedega for extract
          the game directory
        * Tips play for with it and for better performance : run
          VTCONFIG.EXE and pickup 640x480 resolution (you will be able
          to see a rather playable area of the court) and with my
          Nvidia 5200FX I have to pickup low details option for a
          good framerate.
        * Sounds works with an emulation but the game crash after
          the "push start" screen (maybe a pb with music).

VIRTUA TENNIS on my "nunux" system Raaaahhh ! The dream comes true !!

I tried many things for fix the windowed problem but no success, any
suggestions ? Thanks.