[Wine] Re: Launch Linux version of Firefox from Lotus Notes 7?

C. J. Meidlinger cj at meidlinger.org
Wed Jan 31 14:36:48 CST 2007

> I don't know whether this will do what you want, but have you looked at:
>
> http://wiki.jswindle.com/index.php/Advanced_Wine_User_Information#Runing_Linux_software_From_Wine

Duane,

Thanks for the tip...it set me straight.  My instinct was to try to make
the windows-looking path more linux-like with forward slashes or escaped
backslashes (which I couldn't edit), but the wiki page suggested I make
linux app more windows-like (which did the trick).

I first tried symlinking /usr/bin/firefox to /usr/bin/firefox.exe and
pointing the Notes preference to the exe link. That got rid of the notes
pop-up message but didn't actually launch anything.  So then I wrote a
wrapper and put it in the C: dosdevice space and that did it.

For anyone searching these archives, this did the trick (no regedits):

----------C:\Program Files\firefox.exe----------
#!/bin/sh
( cd /usr/bin; ./firefox "$1" )
exit