[Wine] re: Help installing application

M Thompson mexbeachbum at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 16:33:55 CDT 2007

Thanks for the info.  I am really surprised about HP - I have two (a
laserjet that is almost nine years old and a small photosmart) and both work
very well.  My Canon is used for scanning (works with linux after some
compiling) and photos larger than 4x6.  From researching, I thought HP
worked better in linux than anything other than Epson.  My last printer was
an Epson and I had really bad luck with clogging and then one time I used
non Epson ink and it DIED completely.  SO,  I am still kinda mad about
that.  Anyway, I am going to try your instructions and see how far I get.
Another problem I foresee is getting the program to "see" the photos.  So,
basically, this is quickly becoming too troublesome as I do have other
options.  I VERY much appreciate your time and efforts.  If I can make it
work, I will let everyone know.  If not, thanks again for taking the time to
help me:)  I will try my best to pay it forward.

Cheers to all!

Melanie