[Wine] error on running Advanced Diary v1.3

tparker tparker at etherstorm.net
Fri Jul 13 12:46:06 CDT 2007

Advanced Diary (a simple calendar/journaling program)installed fine, but
when I go to run it the splash screen for the program shows up then I
get an error box that says:

Error Creating Object. Please verify that Microsoft Data Access
Components 2.1 or later have been properly installed.

The program stops there.

A google search turned up this a download page for MDAC 2.8 here:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=6c050fe3-c795-4b7d-b037-185d0506396c&displaylang=en

What I need to know is if I jump through the hoops to be able to
download that 1) is it likely to fix the problem and 2) what do I do
with it once it's downloaded, does it just go into the same folder of
wine that the Advanced Diary program is in?

Thanks for any help.

Tricia