[Wine] Can I use PDF virtual printer from CUPS in WINE?

Flying wu_yinghui at hotmail.com
Mon Jul 16 09:19:03 CDT 2007

Austin English wrote:
> Use the .deb from WineHQ.

I am using the .deb I got by following the instruction in WineHQ for
Ubuntu. I don't have any "real" printer installed. But I could print to
the PDF virtual printer in all my normal applications, except that any
WINE-based application doesn't recognize it. As I mentioned before, I
cannot even open "print setup" dialog to check or modify the settings in
WINE-based applications.

> */Flying /* wrote:
>
> Duane Clark wrote:
>> Flying wrote:
>>>
>>> May I know how you install the printer with WINE? When I'm in any
>>> application running under WINE, they always tell me there is no
> printer
>>> installed, and I cannot even open the "Printer Setup" page to
> check out
>>> any setting problem.
>>>
>>> BTW, I have no issue printing to PDF from my KDE applications via
> CUPS.
>
>> There is no installing of printers in Wine. It should detect what
>> printers you have. Did you by chance compile Wine yourself? If so, do
>> you have the equivalent of the cups-devel package installed? If
> you did
>> not compile Wine yourself, what Wine are you using and where did
> you get
>> it?
>> .
>
> I've been using Wine .3x to .40 that was compiled from source by myself.
> But I didn't take note of the cups-devel issue.
>
> Since .41, I started using the Wine version from Ubuntu's repository.
> But it doesn't seem to see to my CUPS virtual PDF printer, though.

- --
Flying @ Flying's World
                     __,---.
flying at huasing.org  /__|o\  )